We are off to see the Indian Ocean and the St. Lucia Wetlands now! Swaziland has been wonderful, the people so warm and kind and friendly. We made some friends. :) Also, this morning at a local craft market, we ran into some friends we had met at Kruger who were from Columbia, South America. These people will be in our hearts forever.
We have been enjoying seeing a lot of local artists busy making their crafts, talking to many people here and have had some very genuine experiences. One of the Swazi women showed me a drum beat, so I drummed and she danced for us. We have made good friends here.
We had another braai last night. (I spelled it wrong last time - Oratile and Sandy, I bet you caught the error!) A braai is a barbeque, and we had all kinds of good food that Mthandeni cooked for us on our porch. It was great. This morning we had fresh eggs and fresh full cream for breakfast - from the farm where we were staying. Peacocks joined us for breakfast too! We are right now in Manzeni, immersed in Swazi downtown culture. It is very cool! We are sad to leave beautiful Swaziland. but excited to experience the next leg of our journey. We are thinking of you all and can't wait to share with you when we get home. Gotta go - running out of time. Love ya!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

(Dumela, sawubona, thobela)in english means hello!Yes, we did caught the error. Jayanne when you get back to the USA, you will have to play the drum and I will dance... I noticed on the pictures you had long sleeves sweater on but the Indian ocean is warmer, so you should be able to swim in the ocean. However S.A winter is about to start.Finally we are enjoying the warm weather in Blacksburg. Everytime I'm in Radford I think of you guys.Have fun and see you soon.
ReplyDeleteoratile